Stalker Steve's View of The Moat Show 2009
Posted on Thursday, August 20, 2009 by Stalker
Since everyone has had just about enough airport security and $10 sandwiches at Surf Expo, SPoT decided to just host their own trade show and throw in a Best Trick Contest over the pyramid and tech center, respectively.
Torey Pudwill and Josiah Gatlyn came out and skated well the whole time on both obstacles, as did locals Jereme Knibbs, Dylan Perry, and Orlando's Sam Bianchini. The Contest broke down in 20-minute jams with top three winning cash and loose bills being tossed out to Honorable Mentions who ripped, but didn't quite rip hard enough to place.
Commerce flowed like wedding wine as all the potential booth space was packed tight and foot traffic was at an all time high. People came from all over down to Tampa for a 100% skateboarding show. I think with these lean times slimming everything down and keeping it minimal is a great idea. Let's do this relatively often now.
That being said, thanks to everyone for coming out to the first ever Moat Show. And yes, there will be a next time.
Moat Show Throwdown ResultsTECH CENTER
- Eddy - 360 flip noseslide
- Kevin - fs smith kickflip out
- Johnny Ceano
- Sammy from Gator Board Shop
- 1st - Torey Pudwill - feeble to fs boardslide shuv it
- 2nd - $200 - Brent Sowinski - kickflip backside tailslide bigspin out
- 3rd - $200 - Aaron Collier - backside lipslide sugarcane
- Aaron Collie - bigspin boardslide fakie
- Mike Espinosa - switch 360 flip
- Alex Brawley - hardflip bs revert
- 1st - $400 - Torey Pudwill - bs 360 ollie kickflip
- 2nd - $300 - Josiah Gatlyn - frontside flip to flat
- 3rd - $200 - Shawn Hale - cab fs boardslide 270 out
Thanks to our friends at Red Bull for the support with supplying the purse