Go Skateboarding Day: June 21
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 by Rob
Go Skateboarding Day: June 21This press release was sent by the International Association of Skateboard Companies (IASC):
Are you ready for the busiest day for skateboarding? Yes, the second annual Go Skateboarding Day on June 21st is promising to be the most exciting day for skateboarders around the world. With all global skateboard media, skate manufacturers, and retailers participating on promoting Go Skateboarding Day, the goal is to create the single biggest day for skateboarders around the world each year on June 21st. So think about that, over 20 million skateboarders worldwide focused on skateboarding, and this doesnt include the non skateboarders that will be picking up a board for the first time! This creates a huge opportunity for you as a retailer to maximize your store sales on this busiest day for skateboarding!
Skateboarding needs your help to make this day a success. Were asking that you help promote Go Skateboarding Day at your store. Create promotions and awareness of the day by creating your own unique local promotions. All the efforts from the media and manufacturers will be sending skaters to skate stores form more information on what is happening in their community.
Here are some ideas for your store:
- Newspaper ads mentioning Go Skateboarding Day and your skateboard selection
- Create Go Skateboarding Day, June 21 banners for your store windows
- Create special promotions for skateboarders on this day
- Make Go Skateboarding Day coupons for discounts on products
- Invite local skaters to free pizza and drinks at your store
- Have retro skate video premieres
- Campaign for a new skatepark
- Have a street contest, Game of S.K.A.T.E., High Jump, Long Jump, etc!
- Get local skaters to meet at your store and skate across town at a certain time
- Have a barbeque at the local skatepark/spot and give away stickers, coupons, etc
- Get rid of your old stock with a sidewalk sale!
- Create your own Go Skateboarding Day, June 21 store stickers
- Invite local press to cover the event for a boost in store awareness, traffic & sales
- Make a noise for skateboarding in your community
- Tell your customers to spread the word
- Make sure you go skate too!