Bro Bowl Update
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 by Rob
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:14 PM
Subject: New Tampa Rec Center Skatepark
I have recently received a some inquiries regarding the Recreation Center and Skatepark at New Tampa Community Park.
The following is a brief summary of current events. I recently made an announcement at the Tampa Palms Homeowners Association annual meeting where the City's Parks and Recreation Dept. is moving forward with the following at the Park:
Recreation Center Building
- Recreation Center building bid was awarded in late December '06
- Pre-construction meeting for Rec Center Building will be on February 1
- Groundbreaking Ceremony scheduled for February 27th at 5:30
- Public input meetings conducted Summer '06
- Skatepark Design Committee refine concept development charrettes Fall/early Winter '06
- Internal evaluations of best way complete project
- This week I received notification of a 90% assurance we are heading towards a Request For Qualifications (RFQ)process to secure a design-build project. The refined concept plan developed by the Design Committee will be the basis for the RFQ. This project will be open to firms/teams from around the nation that specialize in this type of design/construction. This will accomplish additional 'things': To achieve a guaranteed maximum price and set the schedule to correspond with the opening of the Recreation Center (Winter 08); Assure the concept designed by the general public and refined by local skaters/bikers will be the basis of the actual park; Assure people versed in this type of design/construction will develop the detailed construction documents and construct the park.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Brad A. Suder
Landscape Architect III/Project Manager
City of Tampa
Parks and Recreation Department
Planning and Design Division
730 W. Emma Street 33603
office: (813) 231-1336
mobile: (813) 239-7470
fax: (813) 231-1339