Johnny Tang Skater Profile
Sponsors: Nike SB, Fly Skate Shop, Gift Skateboards, Cart Wheels, Knowledge Clothing
Hometown: Shanghai China, Stance: Regular, Age: 31, Status: Pro
Last Update: Sunday, August 18, 2013 Submit an Update
Johnny Tang on Instagram (@johnny_tang)
Upper Color: Vamp, Quarter, Eyestay, Heel bellows piece : Ancient Wall Grey which wraps around the upper shoe represents the traditional Beijing Architecture: Beijing Quadrangle (Si He Yuan 四合院) Distressed leather is used here to mimic the ancient weathered bricks that the Hutongs are mainly built out of. Making each pair unique. Swoosh and backtab: the colors red (fire) and gold (luck) traditionally symbolizes good fortune and joy, which enrich the hutongs Branding on Tounge: Lions hold symbolism which embodied power and strength. Collar Lining: A quilted diamond cut inner-linning is added for a premium finish.
Inspired by the Gucci ‘fits Eric B. & Rakim wore on the archetypal album cover, the Dunk is draped in a remixed version of the White / Gold print seen on the shirt. The Black suede from the shirt is also thrown into the design, tracing the toe box, eyestay and back panel. Black is also used on the insole, which features a Gold stamp describing the origins of Nike SB, similar to the Federal Reserve seal. The Red embroidery and outsole provides a nice balance for the money Green inner lining, with Metallic Gold shining bright on the Swoosh and wings. The Green tongue tag has been adorned with a shiny Gold crown. #kicksonfire
Johnny Tang Comments
Other Skater Links
- Full Skater Database - 6000+ skater profiles.
- Skateboarders on Instagram - browse your favorite pros and ams on Instagram.
- Skate News and Videos - daily skate news and videos from around the web.
- Media Coverage - we log all major magazine coverage by skater and photographer.
- Skate Photographers - we log all major magazine coverage by skater and photographer.
- Contest Results - over a decade's worth of contest history.