Johnny Tang Skater Profile
Sponsors: Nike SB, Fly Skate Shop, Gift Skateboards, Cart Wheels, Knowledge Clothing
Hometown: Shanghai China, Stance: Regular, Age: 31, Status: Pro
Last Update: Sunday, August 18, 2013 Submit an Update
Johnny Tang on Instagram (@johnny_tang)
Born in Pasadena, Lance Mountain represented the new movement spawned from Craig Stecyk’s Santa Monica-based crew in the 1970s; Stecyk even drew graphics on boards for Mountain. In 1987, a Mountain video appearance had global audiences fixated on his feet as well as his feats on his oversized board. Wearing a royal blue AJI on his left foot and white/carolina blue on his right foot, he embodied the skater style of the time — with an added abstraction. That deliberately asymmetrical combination would become a pinnacle moment in skate shoe history.
Johnny Tang Comments
Other Skater Links
- Full Skater Database - 6000+ skater profiles.
- Skateboarders on Instagram - browse your favorite pros and ams on Instagram.
- Skate News and Videos - daily skate news and videos from around the web.
- Media Coverage - we log all major magazine coverage by skater and photographer.
- Skate Photographers - we log all major magazine coverage by skater and photographer.
- Contest Results - over a decade's worth of contest history.