Zaturdays - New Years Rezolutions
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2017 by Paul
Happy New Year’s Eve’s Eve everyone and congratulations to all for having taken this big ball on another glorious rip around the Sun. As 2017 fades to black and we prep for 2018, it’s that old End-of-Year tradition to think about doing a better job of things in the coming 365. Here are a few suggestions to get you pointed in a healthy direction, feel free to come up with your own list though.
1. Log out of the social media and go skateTry it once and see if you like it. #Gonz doesn’t need it, why do we?
2. Try at least one new trick every sessionDanny Fuenzalida has taken this concept to a whole new level with #anewoneaday on his @fuensta Gram. Sorry I broke rezolution #1 before we even got started. BTW Danny is like 40 and still one of the best skaters out.
3. Turn your board into an original work of artBe like Lance. This one is fun and easy so why not.
4. Put on some pads and try to catch some air.Why? Because there is no street equivalent to blasting air on vert. Set your sights on 10 feet. You’ll probably have to settle for a foot and a half.
5. Skate switch for a dayEasier said than done. I’ve tried to do this a bunch and gone back to regular in the first three minutes every time.
6. Film a video partIt doesn’t have to be the best, just make it happen and what you end up with is what you end up with.
7. Start a new trendPretend you’re the Muska. But don’t be his copycat.
8. Support your local skateshopSkateshops need you! And skateboarding would not be what it is without them.
9. Enter a contestFirst or last, contests can be tons of fun.
10. Take a road tripBroaden your horizons, skate some new spots, meet new people, see some new things. Consider taking back roads.