Posted by Rob, Tuesday, July 6, 2010 6:26 PM
It's almost skateboard trade show time again. ASR is a fantastic reason to revisit San Diego in August. Now that they've partnered up with CrossRoads, if you're still that guy complaining about trade shows, I bet you probably still go to that Disney World one or you're just in bad need of an unjading. Typical ASR scenarios:
- A late 80's pro started a new company.
- An early 90's pro has a new rep job.
- Some wastoid from last year is x days sober.
- A friend of yours started a company or has a grand idea. Six beers in, he explains why you should buy in.
- The slutty chick from last year is now trying to get a legit job in the industry.
- About five kids who seemed to be on the up and coming from last year have completely disappeared.
- The nerdy quiet dude has too many beers and starts getting loud and breaking stuff. Oops, maybe that's just me. Two years ago.
- CrossRoads is still across the street in PetCo Park on August 13 - 14.
- SPoTlight Productions is hosting a $10,000 Volcom Mini-Ramp Jam at ASR on August 13.
- CrossRoads is hosting a $10,000 Best Trick at PetCo Park on August 14.
- We're even talking about bringing CrossRoads to Tampa at the Cuban Club.