Two years ago the SPoT team and our greatest retail partner NikeSB started brainstorming a project that would end up being our 4th collaborative shoe with the brand. Months of ideas and design work were made by numerous individuals making this one of the best collaborated stories we've worked on to date. We're excited to bring you images and details leading into the release of the SPoT X NikeSB "Gasparilla" Dunk High Premium.
Made with premium materials, this timeless silhouette features custom embroidered sabers on the toe box, a 3M swoosh on either side, a custom Jolly Roger graphic from artist Sean Cliver as the tongue tag, and premium colored threading on the heel. A custom box made in Tampa resembling a pirate's treasure chest, custom insoles, a postcard telling the story of Gasparilla, Gasparilla beads, and a custom wooden coin also made here in Tampa, all including art from Sean Cliver with an additional NikeSB branded velvet pouch with the extra red laces can be found with each pair making this a true collector's piece.
To capsulate this story even more, we made an entire collection around the shoe with a board from infamous skateboard manufacturer Paul Schmitt and two t-shirts all with custom artwork from Sean Cliver.
Be sure to join us Friday night at The Bricks Ybor @ 8pm for a special pop-up art show featuring all the original artwork from the collection and more from artist Sean Cliver. Cliver will be in attendance at the show Friday as well as in-store Saturday morning for live autograph signing. (Read more about Sean Cliver here.)
- Adam Washell
SPoT DUNK RELEASE DETAILS
- Saturday - February 13, 2016
- 10:00am Eastern Standard Time - Doors open
- Located at SPoT Ybor - 1327 E 7th Avenue, Tampa, FL 33605
- First come first served, limited quantity of 150 pairs, 1 pair per person
- Meet the artist Sean Cliver with live in-store signing day of
- 10:00am Eastern Standard Time - Shoes will be available
- Get your pair at SPoTTampa.com/Nike
- First come first served, limited quantity of 100 pairs, 1 pair per person
Photos by Marino Nicastro