A.Skate Autism Awareness Clinic at SPoT
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2018 by Chris
Skateboarding is known to "heal the soul" but for special kids in our community, it is so much more! Skateboarding offers nearly every component of Occupational Therapy with a focus on motor, vestibular, and proprioceptive skills. A.skate clinics allow these children to be social on their own terms. SPoT, Boards for Bros and A.skate will work together to teach the children how to skateboard and teach the parents how to incorporate skateboarding into the lives of their families.
• Saturday, September 8, 2018
• 9:00 am volunteer and registration opens
• 11:00 am - 2:00 pm clinics
• If you have your own skateboard and helmet, please bring them (we will have some available)
• Free skating from 10am - 3pm
• At SPoT - 4215 E. Columbus Dr. / Tampa, FL
QUESTIONS? Hit up Michelle at info@BoardsforBros.org.