presents Damn Am Cascais (Portugal)
Europe’s premiere amateur street skateboarding competition has a new home this year at Parque de Geraçoes Skatepark, Portugal on July 18-20, 2014.
With the closure of the Skatepark of Amsterdam, Damn Am is moving South to the sunny summer skies of Portugal.
Parque de Geraçoes is an outdoor concrete skatepark located next to the busy beaches of the North Coast of Lisbon in São João Do Estoril.
This park offers endless possibilities for all styles of skateboarders. With the setting set for an epic event, get ready for a great taste of summer
vibes and good times. Damn Am Cascais is a destination event not to be missed! Damn Am Cascais will be broadcast live on Volcom.com
Like all Damn Am Events, there are 12 spots that qualify you for the prestigious Tampa Am
which is the International Am Finals in Florida(USA), December 2014. Damn Am Cascais also has an overall prize
purse of 10,000 Euros that adds icing on the cake for a perfect event.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration
Friday, July 18th
- 13:00 - Registration + practice
- 19:00(7PM) - BBQ, beers, cash for tricks session at the skatepark
Saturday, July 19th - live webcast
- 11:00 - Open practice / Damn Am skaters only
- 15:00 - Qualifiers
- 150 skaters max
- Jam format - three skaters per jam, three minutes each
- Top 30 skaters advance to Semi-Finals – top two qualifiers go directly to Finals "Golden Ticket"
- 22:00 - Damn Am after party (free entry)
- Stairway Club - Largo Grutas 3, Cascais
- Veeco documentary première "The story of the Volcom filmmaking legacy"
- Dirty Fences (New York) live band
Sunday, July 20th
- 11:00 - Open practice
- 14:00(2PM) - Live webcast
- 15:00(3PM) - Semi-Finals
- 28 skaters from qualifiers
- Two heats, 14 skaters each
- Two, one minute runs, best run counts
- Top 10 go to Finals, joining two Golden Ticket winners
- Starts directly after Semi-Finals
- 12 skaters
- 10 Skaters from Semi-Finals
- Top two skaters from Qualifiers "Golden Tickets"
- Three, one minute runs, best run counts
- All 12 skaters qualify for Tampa Am 2014
- Top two skaters go directly to the Tampa Am Semi-Finals
- Winner receives one free plane ticket to Tampa, courtesy of Volcom
- Best Trick on obstacle TBD
- Starts directly after Finals
- Available only for Damn Am skaters
- Awards and product toss
- Sunday night event mop up will be at Boca Do Inferno, a bar in the Barrio Alto in Lisbon (the old town).
- Boca Do Inferno, Lisbon: Travessa Água da Flor, 42 1200-010 Bairro Alto
- Click here for the link.
Total Purse: 10,000 in Euros
STREET PURSE IN EUROS
- 1st: 2,500
- 2nd: 1,250
- 3rd: 1,000
- 4th: 700
- 5th: 600
- 6th: 500
- 7th: 400
- 8th: 300
- 9th: 200
- 10th: 150
- 11th: 150
- 12th: 150
BEST TRICK PURSE IN EUROS
- 1st: 400
- 2nd: 300
- 3rd: 200
- 4th: 100
- 5th: 100
B-SIDE CASH FOR BANGERS IN EUROS
HOW TO GET THERE
Location: Parque de Geraçoes(Skatepark)
Rua António Ferro, São João Do Estoril, Lisboa, Portugal
Click here for directions
The closest airport is Lisbon. To get from the airport into Lisbon:
The fastest and easiest way to go to the city center of Lisbon is to take the red line (Linha Vermelha) directly from the airport. A single ticket costs 1,40€.
connects Lisbon Airport to several central points
of the city daily from 7am to 11pm. (3.50€ for adults and 2€ for children)
You can also use the city buses: CARRIS BUSES (around 1.35€)
They generally charge an average of €15 to the city center. Some of the taxi drivers may take longer routes to keep the meter running, the trip
should take an average of 15 minutes to the city center.
You can rent a car at the Lisbon airport. Book online with your preferred rental car company.
WHERE TO STAY
You can stay either in the city of Lisbon to keep the city vibe or near Estoril and Cascais closer to the skatepark and the beach.
Commuting to the skatepark is easy. There are trains every 10-20 min and a 3-day pass is only 13,5€. From Cais do Sodre Lisbon train station, it takes approximately 25min.
Stop at the Sao Joao Do Estoril train station
, the skatepark Parque de Geraçoes is only 200m from there.
Book the hotel of your choice in Lisbon via Booking.com
. Try to stay close to a train
station or subway.
Lisbon has several Youth Hostels budget friendly, here are a few:
- Lisboa Central Hostel
- Rua Rodrigues Sampaio 160, Lisbon, Portugal
- Dorms from 21€/night
- +351 309 881 038
- Lisbon Destination Hostel
- Rossio Train Station, Second Floor, Lisbon, Portugal
- Dorms from 21€/night
- +351 21 346 6457
Cascais is a fun place to stay in the summer for its beach life and nightlife and it's close to where the skatepark is.
You can commute to the skatepark by train also, trains every 10-20 min, travel time is only 6min from Cascais
to Sao Jao Do Estoril.
- Perfect Spot Lisbon - Experience Hostel
- Avenida de Sintra, 354, Cascais, Portugal
- Dorms from 26€/night
- Tel: (351) 924 058 643
- Blue Boutique Hostel
- Shared room from 14€ and double private room from 58€
- Avenida Marginal Nº 6538
- 2765-586 Estoril
- Tel: (351) 214 663 006
Share this, fool!
We know you're on Instagram as much as we are, so we made it easy to spread the word. Just save the image below and post it on your feed if you want. Hashtag #DamnAm and #VolcomDamnAm if you're there and we'll have some rad photos from the weekend. Don't forget to follow us @SPoTTAMPA.
You can confirm and share you are going on Facebook here