Tony Hawk Skater Profile
Sponsors: Birdhouse, Nixon, Quiksilver, Independent
Hometown: San Diego CA, Stance: Goofy, Age: 47, Status: Pro
Last Update: Monday, January 21, 2013 Submit an Update
Tony Hawk on Instagram (@tonyhawk)
My used board will be auctioned off after our demo in Oslo tomorrow night. It includes a private skate lesson and/or demo for 20 people at a later date. You can bid now via @christiesinc (link in my bio) Proceeds go to @gumball3000 foundation & @tonyhawkfoundation. My favorite part is this official disclaimer: "Skateboard has wear consistent with professional use” (aka many, many bails)
Fun fact: the term "Stale Fish" comes from a lunch I had in Sweden in 1985. I was keeping a cryptic journal during our 5-week stay at Eurocana Skate Camp. Someone read it and asked if "stale fish" referred to the "grab behind the back foot" that I was doing at the time (as was Gonz). It was actually my description of our food that day, but I agreed with him since that grab didn't have a name yet. This sea bass was not stale, for the record. It was delicious. Eat them up, yum.
Here is @ozzyosbourne writing the lyrics to "Fairies Wear Boots" on @rileyhawk's used skateboard. The board (and many others) will be auctioned off in @tonyhawkfoundation's 2015 Boards + Bands project, with all proceeds going to help build public skateparks in low-income areas . And yes, this is EPIC.
Tony Hawk Comments
Other Skater Links
- Full Skater Database - 6000+ skater profiles.
- Skateboarders on Instagram - browse your favorite pros and ams on Instagram.
- Skate News and Videos - daily skate news and videos from around the web.
- Media Coverage - we log all major magazine coverage by skater and photographer.
- Skate Photographers - we log all major magazine coverage by skater and photographer.
- Contest Results - over a decade's worth of contest history.