What's Up Posts Tagged: Skate Bid'niss
Posted by Rob, Friday, May 10, 2013 7:14 PM
I've spent the last two days at this conference about all the bid'niss stuff that goes on behind the scenes in the sketchy skateboard industry. I can't believe how lucky I am to be around all this stuff as an aging skateboarder. I'm nerding out and fanning out left and right with a camera in everyone's face: Skateboard Bid'niss IASC Summit and Hall of Fame Awards.
Posted by Rob, Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:38 PM
Today I spent the day with Casey Wayne, Chris Kelly, HiDefJoe, and Brian Schaefer in California for plenty of mixing of business and pleasure as we always do. We rolled with Joey Brezinski and crew. Check out a few photos and sequences: A California Work and Play Day.
Posted by Rob, Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:00 AM
skateboard bid'niss pals planning the celebration of this milestone and the next 20 years where we will repeat it all over again using the knowledge and experience from the first 20. Schaefer and I are posting on our Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Posted by Rob, Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:08 AM
Clem, Schaefer, and my fellow Innetech inventory slangster Justin Ryan were with me in Portland last week for some meetings with our friends at Nike to go over all kinds of things. Here are a few things we worked out, plus some observations:
- Pushead is the artist for Tampa Am 2011 and Tampa Pro 2012.
- Dr. Octagon is performing during the Am at the Anniversary Party on Friday night. Wow. Remember the album cover? Yep, see previous point. What a pair.
- Nike will be premiering The SB Chronicles Vol. 1 at Tampa Am on Saturday night. We will be joined by a list of launch parties all around the world that will be watching with us over the web.
- Tampa Am will be broadcast live at skateparkoftampa.com. We are not concerned with old media such as the boob tube. Let’s move on and control our own content and distribution. Digital high five.
- The people at Burnside are very nice dudes and extremely polite.
- If I ever grow up, I’d like to be a marketing chief and visionary like Sandy Bodecker.
- Skatepark of Tampa’s 20-Year Anniversary Party at the end of 2012 is going to blow the doors off your mind. Can’t wait.
Posted by Rob, Friday, June 03, 2011 11:30 AM
That Tiffany lady at Shop/Eat/Surf is killing it in reporting bid'niss in the skate industry. Her latest is an amazing story of business, product quality, marketing, and razor sharp focus and drive at a basic thing we all love: dope ass kicks. If you work in the sketchy skateboard industry or want to, you should be on that site daily and subscribed to her Executive Edition.
Posted by Rob, Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:40 PM
Ryan recently went on three trips combining bid'niss and pleasure. We're lucky here that most of our bid'niss is pleasure. Check out a chill cam dump from Clem: Three Trips.