What's Up Posts Tagged: Skate News and Videos
Posted by Rob, Friday, May 17, 2013 12:54 PM
Way back in 2007 was when we first met Kyle Walker at Damn Am Costa Mesa, his first one. He turned heads and made it to the Finals there and has been killing it ever since. For the next few years, we saw him with his supportive parents everywhere from the Tranquility rail to Kyle coming back to win Damn Am Costa Mesa in 2010 and again the following year in Woodward. Now he drops this amazing part and like 120+ of today's top pros that have skated Damn Am, he's on the path to his name on a board. It's pretty amazing to see it coming full circle for yet another skater we've seen grow through Damn Am and Tampa Am. Check out Kyle's full part, "In Color". Don't stop at the credits because that's where it keeps getting better. Thanks Kyle and everyone we know for always being a part of our events so we can see you skate in person as well as getting it done in the streets with video parts.
Posted by Rob, Monday, October 08, 2012 1:22 PM
I've been working on a few new things here for us behind the scenes:
- SPoT Skate Nerd iPhone App: You can browse our full skater database to quickly get to photos, coverage, results and more on each skater. You can also get the feed of regular news we post, all contest results, and magazine coverage we log.
- SPoT Skate Nerd Android App: the Android app was just submitted to the Google Play store over the weekend and has all the same features and functionality that the iPhone app has.
- We now have international shipping. On your cart or the checkout page, click on the "international checkout" button and you're on your way. We will celebrate with stock of a full run of man-purses online soon.
Posted by Rob, Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:08 PM
The week of Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15 is the next SPoT Skate Camp. Details:
- 9am is drop-off, followed by skating and various activities all day, including lunch
- Open to all levels of experience
- Goodie bag provided to each camper
- SPoT t-shirt and promotional items from our sponsors
- Must have own skateboard and safety gear
- Safety gear optional, but recommended
- Campers are supervised at all times
- Cost - $190 Members/$200 Non-Members + tax
- 50% non-refundable deposit required
- Sign up online at skateparkoftampa.com/Camp
Posted by Rob, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:05 PM
SPoT News Page at skateparkoftampa.com/News. A sample of what's recently up now: Nassim's two 100mph lines, Fred Gall sober, Boo's big ol' frontside 360's, P-Rod's practice, and Jason Jesse's AK-47 blasting.
Posted by Rob, Friday, March 30, 2012 10:42 PM
I wonder how much Weezy would bid if we auctioned off SPoT? Nah, it's not for sale and all those rumors flying around are just that. More on that later. Up for real auction, however, is this board he signed for Chad Cardoza's Kick Start My Art where the proceeds benefit skate chairity A.Skate. It ends Monday. Don't outbid me.
Posted by Rob, Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:15 PM
News Page at skateparkoftampa.com/News. Footage from Torey Pudwill, Chaz Ortiz, Nyjah Huston, Eric Koston, Felipe Gustavo, Ryan Decenzo, Shane O'Neill, Jordan Hoffart, Ryan Sheckler, Billy Marks, and more is now posted.
Posted by Rob, Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:18 PM
The Volcom crew always brings the ripping to our events around the world like Copenhagen and Amsterdam. The Contest is just a small part of that. We were at all the same spots, but of course no one in our crew was doing what Grant Taylor, Dennis Busenitz, Chris Pfanner, Rune Glifberg, Raven Tershy, Alex Perelson, and Pedro Barros did. Check out six minutes of their destruction around Copenhagen:
Posted by Rob, Monday, January 30, 2012 9:19 AM
Skate News Page. Some things on the News now:
- Tony Hawk's amazing new vert part. At 43, Tony's progress hasn't stopped.
- Tyler the Creator talks with Tony Hawk about everything from video games to skate videos.
- Chris Roberts goes over what comes out of your mouth in "$h!t Skaters Say."
- Quatersnacks remixes Ishod.
- Gino chats with Nike SB in Barcelona.
- Crailtap's Mini Top 5 with Rick McCrank.
- See it all at skateparkoftampa.com/news.
Posted by Rob, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:22 AM
This weekend was the final session at the Vans Orlando Park. Vans has some photos here: Sayonara Orlando Vans Park. SPoT local Kyle Randall has some phone footage of one of Frazier's runs.